HybridZ

ZX FORUM

Guest BillV

Wouldn't it be a good idea to start at 280ZX forum and have all that info there instead of having to search through everything? Has anyone ever considered this? Just a thought.

P.S. VERY good sight!!

As one of the ZX owners, I say No. Our cars are close enought to the older cars that a lot of the information can be shared. I for one am an advocate of reducing the number of forums. I like the idea of a Big Block forum (any brand), Small Block forum (any brand) to replace the 3 v8 forums.

Guest Anonymous

More individual forums will never correct the problem of entering posts in the wrong forum or the lack of precise detail in the caption of a new thread to allow easier retrieval of that thread in a search function. For example there were many posts submitted concerning "drive shaft length" for reference on about every transmission application but yet in a search function,the thread is impossible to find because it was not originally posted in the drive train forum.It would help with better identifcation of "ZX" in the thread "caption" and the thread placed in the proper forum.

Welcome Bill! We have 26 categories and many members still get confused on where to post what... Happens all the time and many of our moderators spend lots of time moving posts, finding peoples password and login info, and sorting out other problems with the site. Like Aaron mentioned, I'm a fan of merging many of the categories. The last thing I want to see this site become is the be all catch all for Datsun enthusiasts. Don't get me wrong, I love the Zcar, and I'm pretty much a fan of all years Z, But this specific site is geared towards what??? MODIFICATIONS BABY!!! I think we could collapse all the 6 cylinder categories into one, and all the V8 categories into one, and maybe collapse a few more... Boy I can hear it now... We'll leave it like it is, but if I were king... tongue.gif

Mike 2thumbs.gif