HybridZ

Is Anyone Running 'Power Brute' for the R-200?

Cable

Hello, have seen the 'Power Brute' on http://www.precisiongear.com/powerbrute.htm# . Has anyone run these yet? Looks very promising for me.

The only thing that bothers me is that I thought I read that my R200 has 10mm ring gear bolts. The 'Power Brute' lists for 12mm R200. Has anyone come up with a type of sleeve that will allow the use of the 'Power Brute'? Would I need anyother special parts to do this conversion? I plan on keeping the stock U-joint axles until I start breaking the Spicer U-joints.

I also heard somewhere years ago that TracTech was planning on building and producing a Detroit Locker for the Nissan R-200. Did they ever build it?

I am building a drag car from my 280z and would prefer to stay with the IRS, at least as long as I am running in the 10" tire DOT radial class.

Any help is welcomed and thanked in advance.

The only thing that bothers me is that I thought I read that my R200 has 10mm ring gear bolts. The 'Power Brute' lists for 12mm R200. Has anyone come up with a type of sleeve that will allow the use of the 'Power Brute'?

I have managed to get one more set out of the material I got for the first run of sleeves. PM me if you would like them.

Please do a search for Precision gear in this forum (Drivetrain) to answer your questions.

!M!

Thanks Matt, I called to get a price today and they are $600 in-stock, ready to ship.

I think I'll end up going that route, less than half of the price of a Torsen and still better than rebuilding a '88-'89 clutch unit.

One more question. Do you know of anything that will keep me from just swapping the LSD in place of the open carrier? I plan on all new seals and bearings of course, but I am looking at any mods to make the LSD work in my R-200 rear? Will my companion flanges just slide back in?

About a year ago' date=' when I first decided to get 3.54 gears [i']and[/i] LSD, I made this post: Click Here It may help you out some. I would like to update that post with pictures, but my digital camera is broken.

What year is your R200 out of?

!M!

Should be same as the car, 1975. From the books I have 3.54 was the only gear ratio offered that year.

I have the Precision Gear LSD. It is made by Tokigi Fuji, as is the Nissan and NISMO diff. It is now installed in my '85 turbo 3.54 geared 12mm R200. The diff is in my car, but I need to have a driveshaft made and finish getting the engine and accessories hooked up. I took pics of the install with my old digi cam which uses PCMCIA card. I can't read the card on my USB reader and my laptop is whacked. BUT as soon as I can get the pics I will post a write up.

I have the Precision Gear LSD. It is made by Tokigi Fuji, as is the Nissan and NISMO diff. It is now installed in my '85 turbo 3.54 geared 12mm R200. The diff is in my car, but I need to have a driveshaft made and finish getting the engine and accessories hooked up. I took pics of the install with my old digi cam which uses PCMCIA card. I can't read the card on my USB reader and my laptop is whacked. BUT as soon as I can get the pics I will post a write up.

Awesome!!

I can't wait to see those.

I am dropping in a mild Chevy 383 stroker/TH350 combo real soon and it would be great to see the diff I might be using.