HybridZ

hood fit and identity crisis

Guest zmettler

Guest zmettler

thats funny because all the badges say 280Z and but the vin according to chilton manual says its an 84 to 88 300zx but the manufactor date says 82. i got the 78 date from under the hood that says in accordance with 1978 emissions control.

Guest 305240

Just hope and pray you don't get stopped by the law. Especially one who knows Z cars. Even worse, a rookie that wants to make a name for himself. With all those conflicting numbers and years, you might be under the jail house before it all gets straightened out, if ever!

Thankfully.....I was reall getting a good laugh reading this...there is no way to confuse any 78 and earlier model Z with anything built that was supposedly a Z from 79 into the 80's ...Datsun/Nissan took a great car and just about totally ruined it...well in fact they did ruin it..not until the 90's did the car have any type of design as well as style, I have seen Chrysler make some great and grave mistakes but not quite as bad as what Nissan did when they began to totally screw up the Z car beginning in 1979...

Carolina Z