HybridZ

Quick question about wheel offset

Guest Paul Johnson

Guest Paul Johnson

Hi, I know you guys are sick and tired of this kind of question but I can't find a simplifed answer in the search. I have a 73 240z WITH coilovers and a five lug conversion,and I want to buy a set of wheels off the internet but the only thing I know about the wheel dimentions is as follows: 17x8 and 25mm positive offset. Will these fit my car? And will they look right? I can't get to the wheels to try bolt them on so any help is very appreciated.

I don't think thats going to work. Stock wheels if I'm not mistaken are 6.5 inchers wide. Which is really 7.5".

Stock 240z wheels are 5.5 inches wide. I can't offer much to answer the origional question, but the volume of incorrect 'facts' around here is growing far too rapidly for my tastes.

17 x 8" is awfully big if you have'nt got flared guards, I very much doubt that they would fit comfortably with any offset. I've just measured mine up for 15 x 8" and decided on a backspace of 115mm. Mine has 90mm OD coilovers with rolled front guards, tyres are 215's, and hopefully there will be a finger width clearance in critical areas.