HybridZ

Who wants to watch brats thrash cars most of us can't have??

BillZ260

I have way to much respect for the machines to laugh when they're hurting and abused.
From the OIL -n- Water Don't mix Post

I couldn't agree more! Last weekend I rented this "IMPORT RACING" video for $1 at the local hollywood vid just to see some cool cars and maybe get an insight to whatever the hell the imports sceen is all about.

This video was mostly a group of 4-6 guys in there early to mid 20's and their very big dollar cars. They all entered the cannonball in UK and sort of document the race. One guy had a GT2 w/550 hp and another had an M3 that they totally rebuild for this race only to have it held in customs. That part was funny :) So instead of the M3 they rent a Mondeo and thrash it eventually siezing the engine, I guess they got the insurance?

Alot of the footage was cool like all the cars and being able to participate in a cannonball, but some of it was disturbing.

The did things like buying two NICE jags just to have a mini demoition derby in them and the guy with the camera was screaming like a GIRL the whole time. And there was some other footage of them blazing throuugh mall parking lots in their H2 going over shrubs and stuff. I didn't really get it, and I would like to know where they get all their $$?

I think it was Techademics or something like that.

Maybe I am getting old but, sheesh, but I'm not even 30 yet! I remember being a teenager, and MY first car did not receive very much respect, but after awhile and spending all that jack it would seem that these guy's would grow up a bit?

I saw that on pay per view (I get em for free, so I didn't feel too ripped off =) But feel the same way. Some parts of it were cool, and of course the cars were all pretty cool, but stuff like cutting across the grass in a corner in a GT2 is just disgusting.

I do have to say though, that the battle of the rentals was pretty funny =) Just wish they would have had footage of the rental place when they brought them back.