HybridZ

rusty floorboard help please

Guest JerameyFranklin

Guest JerameyFranklin

rusty floorboard help please. I got a nice size hole in the floorboards of my driver and passenger side floors. This is new to me. Im open for help, suggestions, tips....something....how do u fix this...

Well, if you browse this forum for a while, you will find a lot of usefull info on this.. Im gona say probly 80% of the ppl on here have done at least a bit of work like this, if not more ah.. in depth undertakings (like full frames, floor/subframe conectors, ect). First off, you should really find someone who can WELD, or learn to yourself... this is the only way to properly fix stuf like this. You'll need some basic tools too, like metal snips/cutters wire wheels/grinder and hamers to clean up the damaged areas before replacing the metal..

Or maybe, you might want to find a 'less rusty' car to start with if you're not wanting to spend a lot of $$$ on repairs such as these.. they are quite expensive if you have to pay someone else to do if you can't do it yourself (maybe you have a friend who knows this stuf?) Most unibody cars (Z's in particular because they are 30+ years old now!) get very weak once the floors rust through because there is no strength left anymore.. If your frame rails are rusted too, you're into a LOT of work.. If the frame rails are ok, you have something to work with.. I'd say look around here for a while, try to get an idea of how bad your car really is, and go from there. Oh ya, welcome to the board man! :)

• 3 months later...