HybridZ

EFI plenum size

What are the differences of using a tpi type intake with a larger plenum as opposed to an edlebrock pro flo type EFI manifold that is basically a single plane intake with injector ports? The pro flo type seems to have a smaller plenum volume. I guess the question really boils down to the difference a small plenum makes on the engines characteristics.

Hmm, you'd probably have to ask Edelbrock, Holley, TPIS, etc. More than the plenum size, I think it's the runner length that decides one of the characteristics of the engine.

I've seen the single plane style you're talking about, basically a carb manifold plumbed for EFI right? I've seen those things make plenty horsepower with the right cam and exhaust, etc. However, I went with a TPIS MiniRam2, mainly for hood clearance, possible future forced induction, and simply the looks.

If you find an answer, let me know.

Owen

as in most things there are compromizes made

the plenum size, generally youll want the plenum size to be in the 40%-60% of engine displacement range on a V8, and the runner length and cross setional area have a great deal to do with the effective rpm range of the engine,BUT other factors like the CAM TIMING,EXHAUST SCAVAGING, exhaust sytem length and back pressure ,engines dynamic cpr, ETC. effect the results

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/runnertorquecalc.html

http://www.bgsoflex.com/intakeln.html