HybridZ

Update!! and I got a camera

john kosmatka

Finally got a camera and got some updated pics of my motor and stripped engine bay. I stripped the wheel wells painted them with por-15 and then with the por-15 tie coat should last. Let me know what you guys think

My motor

normal_new%20motor%202.JPG

My wheel well

normal_new%20well.JPG

Before shot of the wheel well. before paint I mean

normal_new%20762.JPG

stripped engine bay

normal_new%20bay.JPG

rear fascia

normal_nw%20rear.JPG

And my new daily driver a 1990 volvo 780 bertone

normal_new%20780.JPG

John - Incredible work and attention to detail. Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see the car when it starts going back together...

BTW the Bertone Volvo....that is a pretty rare beast, don't see too many of those bady boys on the road anymore, they were rare to begin with!

Keep up the great work and keep us updated.

Regards - Yasin

the car looks great. im at the same stage you are man and i know you felt good whn you saw the finished product on that wheel wheel. i have a question for you and any others. has any one used the por-15 engine paint kit before.

http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=319

is so how was if.

also john what kit did you get from por-15 to do your wheel wells and bay?

looking to do the same thing in a few weeks.

wish me luck :o

Thanks guys, Rufus, I sprayed mine I just used an old binks #7 type gun and thinned it out it bit, then I went over the chassis coat with the tie coat. worked good for me. Mike the convertible in the backround is a 58' caddillac eldorado convertible, pretty rare car. Yasin, yup those bertones are pretty rare made something like 2000 cars for 1990. Thanks for the compliments. Datsun327, I havent used there kits but there individual products are great, ive used the engine enamels, metal mask, black rust preventitive stuff and the tie coat is a primer that lets you lay any top coat over por 15.

Thanks for the comments,

John

Guest Phailure
thanks guys the camera is a fujifilm finepix a210' date=' it works great and is easy to use, cant wait till I get some color on the car.

John[/quote']

Awesome car. Looks like its gonna be great when you're done.

BTW,

If you dont mind me asking, how much did the camera set you back?

Lookin' sweet, John! :2thumbs:

Planning to go bumperless out back?

Nice Volvo. I like what Bertone did with the early Volvos. Basicly the old hot rod trick of chopping the top. 8) (Got to capitalize that name, John. Bertone is a fine Italian car designing name. Bear-tone-ie)

Lookin' sweet' date=' John! :2thumbs:

Planning to go bumperless out back?

Nice Volvo. I like what Bertone did with the early Volvos. Basicly the old hot rod trick of chopping the top. 8) (Got to capitalize that name, John. Bertone is a fine Italian car designing name. Bear-tone-ie)[/quote']

Yeah no bumper in back, probably not in the front either, god Im sorry please forgive me Bertone, yeah the cars are reallly beatiful especially the 262 Bertone its really evident that there chop tops. I always wondered what they would look like in a convertible.

John