HybridZ

280zx MSA II

CZCAR

Hey 280zx's owners, those with MSA Aero Kit two installed, can i have some close up images of your front bumper installed, for the life of me when i mount it i cant open the bonnet more than halfway, am i pretty certain i am mounting it correctly, well actually there aint really any other way to mount it, anyone else had to cut theres to fit?

thanks

cz

even if the bumper s flush with the fender well's you couldve pushed the metal bumper in too much leaving a gap between the metal bumper and the msa bumper. if that is the problem, than you just need to push the metal bumper back out a little but enough for the msa bumper to go back on.

When I installed my bumper, I had the same problem as you. I think there’s a fitting problem with just about all of MSA’s fiberglass (from what I’ve read), so here’s what I did. I opened up the hood until it was resting on the bumper, and then I took a marker and traced/outlined where the hood was hitting the bumper. Then, I took the bumper off and sanded it down until I couldn’t see the line any more. Now, there’s no more problems, and you can’t even tell I had to sand it. I didn’t have to take off much, so it’s nothing drastic. Hope this helps