HybridZ

Nitrous V8 240Z Specs Posted

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

2 weeks ago I showcased a photo of Mark Owen's radical powered "Red Head" 240Z on my website, but had no detailed spec sheet to share with all those that kept asking me for more information. Since then, Mark has sent in a rather detailed and amazing specification sheet on his car. I now have it posted on my site for all to review.

After reading it, you may find that you have a new bar to measure your own effort by. If any of you have cars equal to or more radical than Marks, I would most like to hear from you. I love documenting these kind of projects.

The original photo preview page and spec sheet link can be found at

http://www.jps.net/zparts/sidebars/sb_mo_v8/bo_v8_blue_l.htm

Feedback, Pro or Con, is welcome. I am sure Mark would like to know what others think of his effort so far.

I still do not have performance times for this car. Hopefully he will have them to share when I photograph his car in the near future.

Enjoy,

Eric Neyerlin

------------------

Z PARTS - Used & New

Online Parts Inventory at http://www.jps.net/zparts/selectzp.html

Eric,

Well I would like for you to take a look at the featured rides section and my car specifically. Then look at Ron's in the members photo gallary, or Myron's or Fast Frog's, or... well you get the picture. I for one would like to see some performance specs on the car, what it runs in the 1/4, what kind of laps it turns at any other events.. The one thing that got my attention was the fact that my car looks much like his in photos alone (except for the whale tail) and I love those wheels! My front clip is off the car right now, and my fuel system is being revamped, as is the rear exhaust to accomodate the larger fuel cell. I'll also be painting my bumpers black, as those in the picture added much needed contrast to my all white paint job.

I'd also love to see some interior pics...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Black?! Mike, I thought the body colored bumpers looked damn nice - in fact I just got mine painted to match my car! Seriously, I think the white looks pretty good to me. Maybe take a coouple of pics and retouch them in Photshop to see if you like the look before doing it for real. My bumpers were flat black and showed all sorts of smudges and whatnot where people touched them etc. - am glad to be rid of it and the weight too!

Seems I'm not the only one with the Tremec in a V8 Z. Kind of neat for me that the only differences in the "Drivetrain" specs were the gear ratio of the diff and the MMC AL driveshaft and the brand of his dual friction disc.

Those wheels are nice looking and probably light and stiff/strong as well! 17x11.5! Jeesh!

Sweet car!

Arizona Z car puts a kit together like that, I have it on my car. Check out SCCA's site (I'm sure he'll chime in here soon and give it) as he has a wide range of brake upgrades and a few surpass the Arizona Z offering I have. I believe Arizona Z also has a bigger brake upgrade as well. Check the links page here.

Note that the Wilwood parts have no dust shields on the pistons like OE stuff. Not sure if the stuff SCCA (Mike) has does.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -

Quite a bit of Mike's stff is based off of production parts - and as such has dust seals :-) The Outlaw calipers on his bigger stuff is pure aftermarket though but I'd be surprised if it didn't have dust shields too.

Really though - how much of a difference does it make? Obviously the OEMs do it because of the high number of miles etc. but I don't think most of us are building daily drivers here anyway smile.gif

I'm not concerned that my car's Wilwood calipers don't have dust seals (it won't be a daily driver or in the bad weather), but I wanted to bring up the point so people were aware and could make an informed decision. I got the Arizona Z car brakes slightly used for half price, so I went for it.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -