HybridZ

Drive Shaft Help

BillZ260

This DS is for sale on the site...

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=63&de=691

He stated that it is 22 3/4" center to center on the u- joints, 26" from diff flange to the end of the Yoke.

I measured my car with T-5 installed and it is 23-5/8" from the face of the bare diff flange to the rear seal of my T-5.

First Question is...Will the TH350 Yoke slip into the T-5 and will DS fit? If I need to get a new yoke for the DS to fit my T-5, then will DS length work? I don't know anything about tranny/driveshat/component exchange.

I guess I need to know what my measurement would be center to center based upon my measurment from surface to surface. Make sence?

Any help is appretiated!

I looks to me like that driveshaft would be to long for your conversion. The point you measured at the rear diff. would be the center of the rear U-joint. You would end up with less than an inch from the center of the front U-joint to the transmission. There would be no way a yoke would fit much less have the required spacing to keep it from bottoming out on the transmission. Your best bet is to get a driveshaft froma donor with a T-5. Install the yoke in the transmission and space it back (I believe 1/2" is recommended) and measure the distance between U-joint centers. Then take the whole driveshaft down to a driveshaft shop and have them build it for you. The last shaft I had made cost me $150 and that was lengthened requiring a new tube be installed.