HybridZ

walbro 255lph fuel pump fittings.... help!

Guest ON3GO

hey guys.

my fuel i have on my Z is shot i think, on the fuel pressure gauge the needle is like moving crazy, the needle never stays steady at all.

in boost it hits like 38 and shots down to like 30 and even that its not staying steady.

so i have my walbro fuel pump i want to put in but i dont have the fittings for it to fit my Z.

what size fittings do i need to fit my stock 280z fuel tank fuel lines and etc?

i bought some fittings but they look and seem way to small, and when i tried to pull the lines off the stock unit, aside from being drenched in fuel from shooting out the line seems way to big for the nipple on the fittings i have.

so anybody know what size fitting i need?

also sense im sure no store has them around me, plus there all closed anyways today, is it ok to drive my car like it is now? i wont get into boost, but i need to get to school tomorrow and then to the store that i think has them, which is like 20 mins away.

any help would be great!

mike

Mike,

Just take your pump, a piece of fuel line and go to Home Depot, or local hardware store and get a couple of brass fittings that are the right size.

If I remember correctly, the pump needs 6mm metric threaded fittings, and the Z should need an 8mm nipple.....

Tim

every place i go to doesnt have metric.

so im guessing 5/16's to 1/8..?

and theres no home depot near me, only ACE which they dont have the one i think i need, the place i want to go to tomorrow might have it but i dunno if i should be driving my Z the way it is.

mike

When I bought my Holley packaged Walboro 255lph, this is the complete kit with the barbed brass fittings that it came with, I cannot remember the exact size BUT in a pinch Summit Racing selling these fittings from the kit separately, I would try your local hydraulic diesel shop first.

43210346.jpg

Yasin

Guest bastaad525

That pump is so popular and common on so many fast cars... I keep seeing it listed on parts lists of hot rodded cars in all manner of turbo'ed imports.

I dont think I'll ever need one but I kinda want to upgrade anyways. So anyone know the dimensions vs. the MSD pump? I think I remember seeing a pic of the two side by side, someone here posted? I'm thinking the Walbro will fit perfectly in the MSD's brackets....

guys i cant get any fuel pressure now..

i think i have the pump in right, im sure i have the connectors right..

still no psi..

heres a pic of how it looks.. dont yell at me cuz of the padding.. i had to fig out a way to make it fit in the stock mount.

mike

849_p21051.jpg

Guest bastaad525
Bryan....did you read my response to your other post? or do you not trust my comments? :twisted::D:D

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=36424&highlight=

They are about the same size' date=' so you would be able to use your existing bracket....[/quote']

ROFL no I got totally lost actually... I thought that was this thread and I coulda swore I'd posted the question before but didn't see it when I came back to this thread.... I do a lot of posting after work when I'm super tired so I can get mixed up some times :) I just remembered posting on a topic about the Walbro... sorry Tim :D

• 10 months later...
I got AN fittings for the Walbro pump here: http://www.fuel-pumps.net/500.html

:cheers:

Don

I had to bump this old Walbro fitting thread' date=' because while searching on the Walbro, I saw this link that dmanzo57 provided, and feel that others will need the fittings this place provides for the Walbro pump (metric fittings) that are hard to find.

I just ordered two of the 128-3040

[img']http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/fuel-pumps/FittingImages.JPG[/img]

Damn! i wish i would have seen this post two days ago! Oh well Ive already made up my fittings, i found out that 1/8" NPT thread works perfectly on the walboro pump -- only thing is that they dont make 1/8"NPT - 8an fittings -- sooooooooooo i TIG'd two together for a custom fitting. Works jsut fine, oh well SIGH

On a side note a 1/8"NPT to -6AN adaptors are commonplace in all the stores around here soooo if your running -6an line then this is another option. You jsut have to use sealant when you go this route.

jegs sells 1/8npt to -6an fittings.. under 4 bucks each.

main reason why im doing -6an line' date=' that and cost lol.

mike[/quote']

I hear ya... but I need duel -8 fittings, and I would rather pay $7 for the correct thread pitch, than $4 for something close...

Just my prefernce :burnout: