HybridZ

Not starting!!

ok, so i have gotten my new injectors, i got them all hooked up, and it comes close to starting just makes lot of popping noices like only a couple cylinders are firing, or not in right order. i checked and rechecked firing order and that stuff. if any one can maybe give me some things to check over id greatly appreciate it. its a '83 280zxt. if need any extra info just ask. thanks peter

no the motor has not started yet. i got it from a guy at the beginning of summer said just had bad turbo, replaced that now running into problems. im getting spark and 12v at coil, im gonna try to mess with distributer but dont know if thats the problem, it just doesnt smell like a motor missing, no smell of gas just exhaust, a lean smelling exhaust. any thing else

Well there are a few basics to check first....

1. Timing

2. Spark

3. Fuel

4. Compression on all 6 cylinders

If all that is good then you might have a more complicated problem, more than likely something wrong with the wiring or maybe something isnt hooked up and it should be? This is where it gets really hard to diagnose over the internet.

Guy

Guest Zachb55

i just got done replacing much of my ignition system due to my car not even budging at wanting to start. turns out the last thing i thought of replacing, the plugs, were the only problem. Fuel fowling is very easy to do so maybe your injectors sprayed a bit to much in there and now your plugs are fouled, usually when this happends you get no popping though.. maybe a couple cylinders are still firing though, just some of my experience i figured you might be able to benifit from...

-Zach