HybridZ

RB26DETT Powered Zs

Guest zunitzx

Guest zunitzx

Better to be safe then sorry, I use to have a sr20det s13 black top in my 83 280zx 2+2 non turbo until i decided to take it out. I ended up selling the 30k motor wit everything for full swap for 3,000 to a guy with a 82 Z. When i first put in the sr20, i encountered the air filter problem so i had to cut a whole on the other side to make a passage for the intercooler and the air filter, since these engines have their intake on the right side rather then the left like the l28s, it wasnt a slip in job. Well im deciding to get a rb26dett for my car, but im not sure bout the steering collum and if it will be in the way, if u ever came across this problem, its not much space to mess with, i already have a full motor swap ready but wanted to make sure that the steering column wouldnt be in the way and wanted to know wat problems you guys have come across with this swap.

Guest zunitzx

when u have money for anything u want, people sort of get jelous of how fast u can do things, ive had 3 types of engine in my z within the last 2 yrs. motor swaps is easy but not when i havent worked with it before. i own a shop here in cali that specializes in only honda swaps and body. we really never worked with real wheel drive. i had acess do the sr20 swap for about 2 months and then decided to drop the sr20 for the money i was offered for it. so i took the money and got a rb26 for 3000 that was onsale and gonna try to put em in but i gotta get the mounts, and downpipe made. that gonna take awhile cuz of work. after i finish it. ima take it to z motor sports car show next yr or the yr after depends on the time frame. the z was just a project car. i daily drive a civic. only got into it becuase of the techincality of the turbos