HybridZ

moe fuel help

gexgexgexgex

i just did a 280zx turbo swap in my 240 z and i had to do custom fule lines and a custom fuel pump set up, i am using a walburo 255, i get everything hooked up and put about a 1/2 gal of gas in and drove it down the sreet, it was great, car was perfect. so i go out and get about 3 more gal of gas to stick in the tank, do that then the car will not start, i then find out that the car is running so rich that it will not even start. so what do i do to get the car started

1. adjust the afm

2. some how give the pump less power, like 10v or something(like hook up the stock fuel pump computer to the pump, right now i have the pump hooked up to 12v from the bat

3. get some kind kind of valve and put it on the fuel line(tryed it but maybe i should try it again)

4. put about 5 fuel filters in the line to restrict flow( i am very desperate so help me please

1. adjust the afm

2. some how give the pump less power' date=' like 10v or something(like hook up the stock fuel pump computer to the pump, right now i have the pump hooked up to 12v from the bat

3. get some kind kind of valve and put it on the fuel line(tryed it but maybe i should try it again)

4. put about 5 fuel filters in the line to restrict flow( i am very desperate so help me please[/quote']

1. If you didn't adjust the AFM to cause it not to start, that's not your problem.

2. The pump needs battery voltage, most run it off a relay.

3.Valve on fuel line?

4.you dob't want to restrict flow, it will only hurt you at higher rpm. Your fuel pressure regulator should control fuel pressure.

Are you sure it's rich?

i now i have too much psi coming from the pump, like 80psi and the stock engine needs like 60psi (if i am correct) how do i bring down the psi

You should have 80 psi coming from the pump. The fuel pressure regulator will bleed off extra fuel back to the tank to lower the pressure. Did you install this motor?

yes i installed this motor and i have a t3 t04 turbo and no intercooler yet(just waiting on the piping kit to install it) where can i get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator

You shouldn't need an adjustable regulator, unless yours went bad between fill ups which is unlikely. Lowering your FP below stock will just limit your power. Get a $5 universal pressure guage and check the pressure between the fuel pump and regulator. Make sure it is hooked up correctly and returning excess fuel to the tank. If you have the in and out reversed it will not work at all. Even if you had 70 psi it would still run.

Guest bastaad525

Agreed, as I said in your other thread, when I was running the puny stock 240z fuel return line, and upgraded to the MSD fuel pump, fuel pressure at idle, measured between the fuel filter and the fuel rail, was at about 80psi. The car would still start and idled, just a bit roughly. So high fuel pressure should not be causing your car not to start at all.