HybridZ

Still overheating :(

Originally posted by Nion:

Well I discovered that one thing several of you guys pointed out was correct... My lower radiator hose was collapsing. I couldn't get a spring for it so I put a length of PVC pipe inside the hose after triple-checking that it wouldn't melt. I also boiled my thermostat to be sure it's working properly and opening at the right temp (it is). So that problem's solved... it is kinda funny... my temperature goes up and down. Sometimes I will be driving and it will stick at an indicated 180 for the longest time, and then it will go up to 210 and stick there. Like today I drove up a long hill and it stayed at 180 and on the way back down with the car basically idling it was at 210? It stayed at 210 until i brought it home and never moved even when I let it sit and idle for 5 minutes. I dunno, I just wish it would pick a temperature to sit at and sit there without ever fluctuating, it makes me nervous :(

I knew it was that spring causing most of your problems. ;) If your temp doesn't go above 210 you don't have a problem, that's well within the range. Now if it creaps past 230 I would be worried. Is your electric fan always on, or just when needed? If you wire it to be always on, it should maintain a constant temp like you want. rockon.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I used a cut down Napa # 8948 lower radiator hose for my SBC/24X19 Griffin application BUT NO SPRING CAME WITH IT..........GO to a radiator shop or auto repair business and ask for a spring from a used take off.