HybridZ

who wants to toast marshallows????

Poundz9oh9

On my cars flaming shell. I'm serious, I'm getting ready to burn this thing to the ground. Everytime I turn around something goes wrong.

I'm getting short on time so I figured I'd get a test fit in this weekend. Actually hoping to get the motor in for good. Anyway, I go to lift the friggin motor off of the pallet it was on (same as the on it was shipped on), and the go@#$mn oil pan has about a 1/2" gash in it!!!! Nothing seems to be going right on this thing. I could have been content and put it in with the supplied mounts (SCARAB style) and kept my expenses to a minimum, but noooo, I wanted JTR. So........I had to buy a harmonic balancer, a new alternator and mounting bracket, a new starter, a new fuel pump, transmission tailhousing and gearset and all the misc other little parts that came with the motor but can't use.

I've got less than 30 days to get this car up and running. Now all my "trial fit" time is going to turn into "changing oil pan" time!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now.....this is just normal conversion stuff. Oil pan should only take 10 minuted to change, plus you can trial fit it with the bad pan.

BTW...do yourself a favor and get a one piece rubber pan gasket....they are great!!!

Good call guys!! After a little more consideration, I decided to do it where it lies. I'll just make use of the two floor jacks I have and put them under the motor mounts. That should add a little more stability.

Anyway, wish me luck on the trial fit on Sunday. Bad pan and all :(