HybridZ

Tilton master - T5 slave clutch adjustment info needed.

namz7791

On my 77 280Z I used the JTR kit and installed a Tilton 7/8" master cylinder and am using the stock slave cylinder off a 89 Camaro T5 set up.

I cut 3/8" off the rod per the JTR manual and installed. My problem is the clutch is basically at the floor. It releases fine but is a pain to drive with it so near the floor. I used the stock clevis from the Z and the rod is only a few threads into the nut welded on the clevis. I cannot get the pedal to release higher up since I am out of rod. If I screw the rod into the nut any further the clutch will not release all of the way. Has anyone else ran into this? I was thinking about using a longer clevis or a longer rod off of the slave cylinder. I have bled and bled the system and just do not get any more air. Looks like I should have not shorted the rod per the book.

How did the rest of you T5ers handle this?

Thanks in advance!

Before you do that, make sure that the rear stop on the clutch pedal is backed off so you have as much pedal movement as possible. I was pulling my hair out because mine wouldn't work and, as soon as I backed off the stop, I got more pedal movement and my clutch magically started working.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ