HybridZ

Zcar Pantera Hatch Drawing

RacerX

OTM!

Congrats on the post count!!!

I'll post pics later then. They're quite old and I need to be careful with the pages so they don't fall apart. I'm pleased to be able to share them. Thank you!

By the way, that hatch on Evil's car (as Van mentioned) was made from cut sheet metal and bent with someone standing on a round pipe the length of the metal and Carl Green used his hands to put the bends in the panel. So - my point is that you don't need all the fancy tools - they're nice to have - but it doesn't mean you can't produce something with a little imagination!!

Ernie/RacerX

RacerX, cool! I have an old HotRod of my dad's I found years ago that details the making of the original car that the Cal Z fenders were splashed from. It has a step by step of making the whole car, including whaletail. Pretty damn cool actually, just welded on another set of fenders and quarters 4" out. They also did a B210 and Lil Hustler. I'll scan it too, but it might be a month until I can do it.

Sven,

I know that paticular Hot Rod issue. I inadvertently gave away that issue with a bunch of other magazines of mine to another HybridZ member. I can't get ahold of him.

The car you mention was done by Dave Kent of the former Creative Car Craft shop. Do you still have that issue? If so, would you be able to provide me with the article of the California Z car - as it was named. Molds were made from that car and eventually kits were sold thru the late Jim Cook Racing company. Hey - I just realize that I have Jim Cook Racing's old catalog with the Cal Z pictures somewhere with my old school stuff!

Anyway, Sven, it would surely be appreciated if you would allow me copies of the article.

Thanks for sharing that. I hope you still have the mag!

Thanks,

Ernie/RacerX

I have a couple of magazines from "back in the day" I think it was Car Craft that swapped in a V8 to a Red Z car that got my attention. I have some of the old Jim Cook catalogs as well.

Love to see the old school stuff. Maybe start a new thread called "post a picture of your old school pictures"

No problem Ernie. Like I said, it will be a bit, everything is packed in boxes in my trailer, waiting for the big trip out west. I have a '94-ish JCR catalog, and it is the same as what is posted on their website now. That site is a pain to navigate BTW.

My dad didn't even recognize the JCR bodykit I bought, and that was why he bought that magazine originally!