HybridZ

Competent Body Shops in SO CAL area???

Guest PBooty

Im looking to install a MSA body kit with flares. The flares will need to be blended into the front and rear bumpers. I also want to paint the car.

I live in Newhall, CA 91321.

Anyone know of any reliable/competent body shops in my area (~LA area)?

Thanks.

Westminister autobody. Pete Santini is a good friend of mine and very respected. He painted an SRT-4 wit a Cuda scheme that was on the front page of Turbo this summer, and numerous other cars that have appeared in magazines. He's an honest guy as well. I'm gonna take my car to him when I'm ready for a paint job. BTW thats about an hour from where you are.

They all do $2K paint jobs. Unfortunately, there's $3K worth of body work and prep needed to get the car ready for the $2K paint job. Most folks forget that, like everythign else in the world, preparation is the key to success. If you just want paint applied, got to Earl Schieb, One Day, etc.

So is it impossible to get a decent job for $2000?

It all depends on what you define as "decent." If you want something equal to a factory OEM paint job and the car doesn't need any body word, then yes, you can get a "decent" paint job for $2K.

I can sell you a 71 240 with the flares already done in the rear to fit 275's.It will cost you more to have a body shop do it to your car then what I would charge you for my car.The car had very mild rust in the rear and it was all repaired.The flares I had done were hand made on a English wheel and hand crafted and one of a kind.It's not a kit like everybody has.I wanted to save the body lines so I had then custom built by Norm Archer metal shaping at Infinion Race way in Sonona.The car has a cage and full coil over W/camber plates.I spent $2500 just on the flares and the suspention has 50 miles on it and is still new.I have a gang load of parts for it too I will just throw in.

Im looking to install a MSA body kit with flares. The flares will need to be blended into the front and rear bumpers. I also want to paint the car.

I live in Newhall' date=' CA 91321.

Anyone know of any reliable/competent body shops in my area (~LA area)?

Thanks.[/quote']