HybridZ

Can I mount my intercooler backwards?

Guest importwerks.com

Guest importwerks.com

The NPR intecooler i purchased has a few bent fins on the front side but the back side looks perfect and I'd much rather have that sticking through the front bumper. Any potential problems if I mount it backwards.

This is what i mean by backwards(stole this pic off ebay)

87_1.JPG

Yes, it can be done. Let me also say this, anything that can be done to reduce the amount of bends in the intecooler pipes should be done if at all possible. We all know that there are certain amounts of bends that you must have no matter what intercooler you have but, turning it around backwards and adding two more 90* bends is not going to help you with keeping pressure loss down. :-D

Can you just straighten the fins or are they crushed? :D

Most fins can be strightened if they are not bent to baddly it just takes some time and patience.

Guest importwerks.com

I guess I can try to straighten them, Do i Just use need nose pliers? About the bends, Since im routing the pipes back to the drivers side of the engine bay Its not gonna be much of a difference if I mounted it forwards

I agree with Drax 100%.

My wife was kind enough to straighten out the bent fins on my NPR IC that I bought off eBay. It was funny, came home from work she had the NPR IC on the coffee table, needle nose pliers in one hand, jeweller's screwdriver in the other hand and Dr. Phil on the TV. Now is that LOVe or what???

LOL

Yasin