HybridZ

RB30DE V RB25DET G-Tec

RB30-ZED

Thought this might be of interest.

The two pics are G-Tec screen shots, the first one is a horse power comparison and the second is a 1/4 mile run.

The RB30DE is a naturaly asperated engine with 10.5:1 comp RB30 block and RB25NA head with standard cams Kalmaker engine managment.

The RB25DET is a standard R33 Skyline turbo.

Note: G-Tec shows a lower HP than dynos as it taked all drive losses and aero losses in to account. The RB25DET is good for 180kw(241HP) at the flywheel and the RB30DE a bit more.

Pic 1

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12388&size=big&sort=1&cat=500=1

Pic2

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9312&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

Steven

How much did your RB30DE set up cost you total? Very nice BTW by looking at the curves. Im looking at doing a RB swap but have always liked a strong NA engine than a turbo because Im crazy or sane from deciding from which your into. Your swap just urges more towards that route.

It didnt cost me much at all.

I picked up the new block and crank for next to nothing (long story). The complete top end was off a RB25DE which i got for $400AU or about $300US. The guy i bought the head off through the RB25 pistons in for free.

The engine managment was $1000AU($700US)

Lots of people ask me when im going to turbo it, the answer is never. ITs got so much bottom end grunt it will pull 4th from a 1000rpm.

I had a guy with a 230kw(308HP) amazed as the zed out ran him out of each corner and on to the straight each lap.

The flexability of the engine is its strong point.

Steven