HybridZ

300zx 5 bolt hubs same as 280/300c????

Guest T

hi guys,

having been a lurker for years, i finally joined!

being in australia, 300zx turbos are a bit thin on the ground in wrecking yards - i'm chasing the 5 bolt hub for a brake/wheel upgrade on my 240z...

now one thing i'm interested to find out (this is assuming you got the 280/300c sedans) the before mentioned cars run 5 bolt brakes - the 300c even runs the same v6 as the 300zx. i'm wondering if the hubs (& probably the uprights etc) on these cars are the same? if so it will make it really easy!

anyone know for sure? (& i did do a search first!)

T

i suspect the 300c may be the same as your maxima. getting a friend to do a nissan part number search as well

why won't the z31 hubs work? seems to be plenty of info here to say that they do work - & change the offset 19mm more to around 35pos - so i can find rims easily to fit it (yes i know about the spacers at the back bit as well) otherwise is there something i'm missing here?

T

Welcome T

I use the pentagon shape (84-86) Z31 hubs on my 240. They work and offset about 19mm.

In N America, we didn't many any rear-drive Nissan sedans in the 80s, the early 810/Maxima and 200sx coupe(s12). The only rear drivers in the 90's were Z32, and 240SX(S13,S14) I think the 300c is similar to the Cefiro, maybe Laurel super saloon, they are called different things everywhere.

I think that you're on your own down there, check them out in the JY, measure the spindle to see if it matches up with the 240.

Good luck, Doug

thanks for all the info guys - got a friend going to a wrecker tomorrow who will check out the 280/300c thingy hubs & we will find out if they are suitable.

also soon know if the 300zx hubs are used on any other vehicle

T