HybridZ

Which compressor to use

Guest Omar

I want to change the compressor on my l28et. I have seen the t04b swap done but which one will bolt on as a replacement to my stock compressor. What else will i need to change. Where can i get a good deal the compressor i will need. thanks

Buying new parts individualy is expensive and you would still have the power limiting small turbine wheel. If you went that route you may as well get a rebuild kit for around $75 too. IMO you would be better off getting a new T3/4 with atleast a stg3 wheel and sell yours to help cover the costs.

why do 2 different turbo upgrades? spend the money right the first time out. once you upgrade to something different, you won't be dissapointed. changing the compressor will only net you a little more cfm of flow. you'll be limited on top-end flow with the dinky stock turbine wheel. there are ways around that as well; such as, clipping the wheel. basically, the turbine wheel will tell all about how a turbo is going to spool and its top end. the compressor will show how much cfm is possible to make with that specific turbo. the compressor wheel map will show how efficient it is at specific boost levels and whether or not you will surge at that particular boost level. in this case, for the l28et, i would recommend a to4e compressor housing with a 60 trim wheel, and a t3 housing with a hi-flow t3 stage 5 wheel. a lot of dsm guys like the to4e housing with a 50 trim wheel, and t3 stage 3 turbine. a lot of those guys can and have made 400 to the wheels on pump gas. i figure since you will have .8 liters more displacement, that turbo might actually choke the l28. thus, the stage 5 turbine wheel will provide the extra breathing made by the l28. just my 2 cents. i'd like to add one more thing that i forgot about, duh. anyways, the turbine housing to go with would be the .63 a/r.

shawn