HybridZ

I'm off the jackstands! Again..

ZR8ED

Well Its been a real bummer lately. I had a problem with the car running crappy, well kinda running like it was retarded or something.. O Wait! it was! (idling at 0 degrees advance) Mysteriously.

Well I get that fixed just find a fairly serious exhuast leak on my crossover pipe.

No problem to change... On a 300zxt.. But on mine, I have the engine stuffed so far back, I have to pull the right side exhaust manifold off to get at the cross over pipe.

Well I ordered all my new gaskets, and pulled everthing off. It went fairly well, till I was tightening up a nut and snapped a stud clean off!!! :x

Oh man was I excited! NOT!!!

Well the weekend is done, and I have it back together. After all this crap, I'm now nervous to drive it for fear of something else breaking, or at the least, being a pain in the a$$

The car has been out of action now for weeks, and I'm even more weeks behind in testing and setting up the car. Its been very disheartening.

Add to it, I've recently sold my Altima, and have been car less this whole time. I fortuneately live close enough to work, that I can ride my bicycle. I've been riding on and off most of the summer anyways, but right now its full time, till I find a winter beater.

Hopefully I can get the car out and get the boost turned back up, and test the rear diffuser/pan.

I'm tired...... :weird:

That sucks man.. but be wary of buying a 'winter beater'!!!! Mine has snowballed on me, and is getting more expencive than I like.. 89 4X4 Pathy; $600. Exhast/brakes/body work; $200 so far. Needs another $200 or so for a safety. (BARELY passe the e-test; god love muffler cement!! :lol: ) Not that it's a LOT of $$$.. but I havn't done ANYTHING to my Z, and barely even drove it the last two weeks!! I keep droping cash on this stinking 'beater' and think 'damn.. there goes some money I could have spent on the Z...' Good luck with the Z man! And you better get that last ride in soon.. feels like ol' man a$$hole.. *ahem* I mean, WINTER is comming already...

Well Its a new day, and I feel much better now. I took the Z out for a test spin. Everything went well. No more exhaust leaks, no more rough idle, Its like a whole new car.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the car is WICKED fast! I have the boost turned down to about 8 psi, and it pulls much harder than it did @ 14psi. I guess the ign timing was pretty bad after all. The car ran well, after a couple of seconds of WOT to clean all the carbon and crap out the exhuast...kinda like a James Bond smoke screen for a second. Its all clean now!

I even had a Modena Ferrari pull along side and take several glances on the highway before pulling away from me... too bad I was only running 8psi, or I might have been tempted.. But no, I wanted to stay calm and do a thorough check out.

I Feel GREAT now! Re-energized again!

As soon as I get home from work, I'm hitting the roads again.. after turning the boost up. I'll go back to 14-15 psi tonight and see how it goes.

15 psi = :shock::2thumbs:

Ok now I'm getting somewhere.

15psi in 5th pulls like a son of a gun! I can't floor it in 1st or second. I have some suspension mods/ repairs to do, and I definately need my diff snubber back now that I removed the solid diff mount.

I think those little items ought to make all the difference for me. I think the front of the diff was lifting up, at low speed throttle mashing. 3rd through 5th are smooth, and really put you back in the seat.

I'm much happier today! Life is good!

Hard to believe its only going to get faster! 8)

Ain't it great when things go your way?

Good luck in your own projects!

Scott.