HybridZ

recaro shells

rreford

local junkyard has a '78 280 with recaros mounted inside. The shells are in great shape, but all the foam for the seat inserts are completely missing or shot. is is worth getting the shells and brackets if they come cheaply enough? can an upholstery outfit replace the foam along with the cloth? thanks for any input!

• 2 weeks later...

not so bad right now - i got the two seats out of the junker for $20! Got the price on it before I started pulling them. 8) Deal was even better than I thought - the missing foam, along with the removed hardware (contained in a plastic ziploc bag), was sitting in the hatch area. Comes with custom brackets, too! Recover and go... :-D

sounds like an awesome deal! good find. i was going to ask a similar question, since my buddy is getting rid of the recaro from his nsx. what type of rail or bracket would be needed to fit those? its a race bucket, not sure of the model though. i've got a '77 280. any input would be appreciated :-D