HybridZ

Back Window angle causing "wide angle" view....

Hugh

Does every Z do this with the back window, or is it something to do with the age of the glass in mine?

When I look out my rear view mirror, everything behind me is squashed vertically. Its not the mirror thats doing it (I slipped in a brand new perfectly flat mirror, and I get the same effect.)

So do they all do this, or can I change the back window eventually to solve this?

My defroster is about 50% gone as well... damn window has had it rough I guess.

That's a good one! All I see when I look out my back window is disappearing headlights! Just funnin with you there buddy. Just a thought, if your defroster traces are 50% gone, you might consider razor blading them off, cleaning the window extremely well, and see if you have a clearer view. By the way, do you still have 20/20 vision? :D

Actually, I have better than 20/20.

It has to do with the curvature of the glass causing light refraction. It's like a funhouse mirror.

I may just scrape off the defroster and tint the heck out of the window... then I won't be annoyed by the weird view.

• 1 month later...

Heh heh... I thought I had a cruiser after me one night.. turns out it was a ford tempo.. :oops: came blazin by me obviously happy that he 'beat' me :lol: I rolled up to him at the next light and he gave me a sheepish look and grin.. I smiled back at him and as it turned green, proceded to burn the tires and leave him sitting at the light. :twisted: Jerk. :lol:

Yeah, my former co-worker has a completely stock Integra with a turbo kit making over 200hp at the wheels. He regularly makes people scratch their heads on the street. :lol:

If you don't hear the blow off valve, you'd think he was totally stock. (not even wheels or suspension or a muffler)