HybridZ

Drove my Z for the first time today!!!!!

The Z is home from the body shop... and I got to drive her back! :)

It... is... amazing! The rpm's never went above 2000 while cruising with the T-56! I won't be using 6th gear for a while! It's SOOOO buttery smooth. I'm too afraid to punch it in 1st or 2nd just yet... but I gave it about 3/4 throttle in 4th and it pulls like a beast! :twisted:

I need to adjust my clutch engagement a bit... it's too close to the floor for my comfort, but that's an easy fix.

It's just awesome hearing this glorious V8 pushing my Z around! Now it sounds like it should have when Nissan built it! :wink: I'm like a schoolgirl at a Britney Spears concert! :oops: There's quite a bit of work left to be done... but I don't even care... it's all little things that'll get done soon.

I got my new wheels on... see 'em here: http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=37399

They really add to the car... It's a shame I didn't get 'em sooner!

Here's what I'm working on this weekend:

- Routing the intake so I have a filter on it.

- When I got the car home.. I checked the oil.... NEARLY EMPTY!!! :eek2: So I bought 4 quarts of Royal Purple 10w40 to dump in there and save her before she dehydrates! I can't believe she's been running at that body shop with no oil! :( Anyways.. good thing I checked.

- My fan stays on all the time... by that I mean... even when the keys are out and the car is OFF! :shock: So I'm running a switch to the dash so I can just turn it off and on when I need to.

- I'm putting my Corvette fuel rail covers on too! The passenger side one needs to be cut a bit in the back because of the akward shape of my firewall.. but I placed them on top and it's going to look slick!

Hopefully I'll have all these things done by tonight so tomorrow I'll get some nice daytime pics and hopefully a driving video for ya! :D

It's so nice to have the Z back home!!!

-Vann