HybridZ

LS1Z UPDATE #2 PROBLEMS TO PERFORMANCE

Haven't written in a while. Been driving the car! I was happy with it until I let MAS280 take her for a spin a few weeks ago. He couldn't stop laughing at me and even said he was gonna make a post how slow my Z is :bonk: Here is the story....

Went over MAS280'S house for computer editing(ls1 edit) and hang out. He asked me if I was happy with the car. I said yes, Feels quicker than my 93 lt1 Vette. After some tuning, let him go for a spin and that's were the laughing started. He said the car is producing 1/2 the power it should. Lacking fuel big time. Tracked it down that day to switch out the 280z pump and put in john's pump. Same problem. At Idle I would have 60 p.s.i., Hard rev the pressure would drop down to 35 p.s.i. Warming the car up one morning at the shop, I started to smell fuel. popped the hood and alot of fuel was spraying all over the engine :shock: . The fuel line from the regulator to fuel rail sprung a leak. On inspection the hose collapsed on the in side and broke down. I couldn't even blow through it. Replaced the hose, Now 60 p.s.i. under all conditions. Here comes the power..... Went back again over MAS280'S house last weekend for more tuning. Removed the thermostat. Throught out the day the Z got quicker and quicker. Even Mike is starting to smile. Which is a heck of alot better than laughing. Getting bit by the speeed bug. Gonna look into a cam very soon. Looking for that 11 second range!

Mike Knell called me and asked how the car was. I believe his first question was "Fix that fuel problem yet?" Where is the love? I did menction to him my clunking r200 rearend. His solution was take out the solid diff mount and put the stock nissan one in... That lasted one test drive. The diff lifted and took out my e-brake linkage! Back to the solid mount. Ran the problem by MAS280 and of course he had a solution. He gave me a diff mount set up that puts the mount on top of the diff and then bolts inside the tunnell were the straps used to bolt. Right on!!

Other than that. My tach has been sent to john's and stilll working on my abbott speedo. Picked up some very nice HID headlights off KASHABI1 gonna install this week. And gonna switch from Shell gas to Chevron to cure a pinging problem at high end. No it is not running lean anymore.

JOEY

To BRIANN510, Tried to E-mail you didn't work sooo I p.m.ed you.

MAS280- The tank is close to empty. Will head across the street tommorrow to fill her up. Let me know when's good for you to work on 2-3 shift (for all of those, I didn't menction I'm hitting the rev limiter before it shifts, nothing that ls1 edit and mas can fix) Also wanna get cam and spring specs! Hey Mike,I did pick something up for you to make your life easier!

Phantom, Thanks for the advice, All connections will be soldered!

JOEY