HybridZ

Hazzard lights dont work

Dead Roman

Well, do you hear a 'click click' sound from under the dash (drivers side) similar to the sound when the signals are on? If not, I'd say the relay is shot. I had to replace both of mine when I got my car. Don't know if its in the same spot in 240/60's but in my 280 its under the drivers side lower dash panel.. mine was just kinda 'tossed' up in there.. I found a spot and bolted it in, but it's fine just hanging.. Heck, could be just the wiring clip has got coroded. If you can find them (hazard and signal should be close to eachother) try switching them around.

If all your brinkers work than it is the flasher, all the lights run through the flasher switch. If you have a 240 the flasher is on the pass. side under the glove box, on the side wall (kick panel) its a round cylinder with 2 wires in a plug probably $5 at an auto parts store. Sometimes the connections in the switch is bad from not being used, you can try turnung the flashers on and off a bunch of times and see if that helps.

I guess you got the hazards to work? Did you mess with your turn signal switch(TSS)? If you did you may have done something to the switch that has affected the brake lights. You should have power on one side of the brake light switch all the time, when you apply the brake power is sent to the turn signal switch and from there it is split into left and right brake light power. If the blinker right or left turn is turned on then it opens that side(l or r ) power contact and ingages the blinker feed power, green/black or green/red. I don't have my Haynes book right now so I don't recall the color of the brake wire. I think its green. All you need to find out is where the power is being interupted. If you don't have power at the brake switch then check your fuses, if you do try moving the turn signal switch or see if you can find the brake light wire at the TSS, it will come on and off with the brake and should be there without the key on. There is one wire coming in and two going out to the lights so three total that should light up with the brake applied even when the key is off. Hope this helps and good luck lights in these cars can be a pain in the ars. :x