HybridZ

More help please

Gollum

ok, i'm sad now. I went to start my z today (it's complete, woohoo) and it turned over and didn't start in about 4 seconds of turning over. So i stopped, since i didn't want to burn out the starter or anything stupid like that. I tried a couple more times, about 3 more times, and i figured i go and double check the connections on the fuel pump (since i couldn't hear it at all, wich i thought was strange). All looks good and i remember that there was NO fuel in the system, so it probly just has to pump fuel through the lines wich might take a while. So i go to start it and it won't turn over. The starter wouldn't make a single sound. It didn't turn at all. All i heard was that click (i forget what clicks, so sue me). I turn again and again and all i hear is click. It's not the battery, i tried jumping it.

So, and bright ideas? I really could use some help. I'd like to have the car running by tomarrow (friday).

will try for sure.

A friend of mine used to work at a nissan dealer back when the z cars where popular and he was saying that he doesn't think it's the starter. He was saying that it's rare for a starter to just go out like that. So was almost certain it's wiring somewhere. I'll keep at it.

Ok, i changed the ignition over since the only key i had was REALLY warn down, like you could pull the key out at any stage.

Now it turns over again (w00t), but the fuel pump still ins't turning on. So i'm going to figure out my electrical issues today with a friend's multimeter.

I'm really glad i found out why it wasn't turning over. This really made my day.

WOOHOO! She's alive. I got her started, and with open headers she's a screamer. I'm taking it to the muffler shop tomarrow as long as i can take the cat off my gold ZX. So, this brings me to my next question. Is the o2 sensor in the exhast on the ZX series z cars? I'll ask my muffler guy about it tomarrow. I hope i has o2 sensors to put in. I'd asume he does.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

PS the alternator belt broke on me, so i replaced all 3 belts beucase they're cheep. I also got all my interior put in. The car is really coming together. I've been at it for 7 days and i've put in at least 50 hours or so. But i've gotten alot done in that time. Let me see if i can list everything that i had to fix and.or switch over from my other ZX.

Alternator

Shifter

overflow tank

headlight mounts

carpet

seats

ignition

center console (all of it)

fuel pump

fuel pressure regulator

idle sensor

engine cooler

belts

driver side window

driver side lock mechanism

door interior panels

t tops -didn't need to, but i know mine work. I'll kep both sets

heater inlet hose

full intake system

hood springs - i HATE these now

rear interior panels - rear, rear left, rear right

t top cover sraps

under dash interior pieces

I'm sure there are a few things i'm forgetting. I might edit this later if i think of anything else i've done. There is still plenty to do though. But the car looks about 90% complete, if not more like 99% to someone who doesn't know any better.

ok, so the o2 sensor what hooked up all along. I'm just blind.

Now, she's starting REALLY ruff in the morning. Takes about a good 5 tries to get her started, although she started just fine this morning first try. It'll get up to about 500 rpm then die. Keep doing this then start and rev to like 2k and fall back to a low idle.

Any ideas? The sensor light on the dash turns on once the car is started. Not the check engine, but the sensor light on the left of the cluster. Anyone know wich sensors this thing is hooked up to?

PS. Anyone in the SF bay area have a first gen z car i can ride in some time? I need to find a local club. I'm thinking if i can fit into one comfotbly i might sell this zx and buy a first gen Z.