HybridZ

GNZ build - update #3

CruxGNZ

Well, it's been a few months so, I figured an update was in order. Due to family stuff and other projects my Z was put on hold :cry: .

Here's what has happened since the last update:

-Scotties engine x-member installed

-Most wiring has been deleted and the Caspers wiring harness is being routed

-3.54 LSD (clutch type) installed along with CV's

I know there is quite a bit more, but that's the major stuff.

Here's what will happen in the coming weeks:

- '99+ LS1 Camaro fuel tank will be installed

- Gauges will be ordered :twisted:

- Adjustable proportioning valve (APV) will be relocated behind the drivers seat

- Mounting plate for the Buick computer and the brain for the gauges will be made, then installed behind thet glove box door

After I get the fuel tank installed and the APV moved, then ond ONLY then will the Buick V-6 be installed. Everything keeps getting pushed back, BUT it looks like I will get the engine installed and get the break in miles on it before I have to store the thing.

Here's some pictures. I recently got my digital camera back from repair, so I can finally update with pictures!

!M!

Well, I don't know what to tell you guys. I have a few pictures to go along with my post above, but apparently, my hardrive says that I have run out of space, eventhough I have 33% freespace left! Norton doesn't find a virus so what the heck is going on? I can do everything else on my computer with no problems, but I can't edit pictures, because my C: drive has run out of space, which is untrue. I'll figure it out and post some pictures soon.

!M!

Well, I figured out what's up with my computer, so here are some pictures 8)

Here's the engine bay right now

enginebay.jpg

Here is most of the wiring that was deleted. About half a paper bag full!

deletedwiring.jpg

This is the LSD with 3.54 gears :D

354lsd.jpg

And here is the LSD installed

lsdinstalled.jpg

Oh, and just for kicks, I decided to make my Z 4 wheel steering :wink:

4wheelsteering.jpg

!M!

Yeah, *in my best southern drawl "Git 'er dun!" :D

The tank will be mounted like Mikes "mas280". I got the idea from him. The way the tank is set up is perfect! The plastic tank offers a "coffee can" inside with a check valve on the bottom along with a venturi system on the pump (which sits inside the coffee can). It's pretty cool. Hard cornering and hard acceleration will not uncover the pick up. This I like. :wink:

The pace has picked up quite a bit the last week. This weather is AWSOME! (right now I have to work outside)

Tommorow, I should have the APV moved to behind the drivers seat and the Caspers harness installed. Then I'm just waiting on my LS1 Camaro tank to be picked up. I think I'm just going to let the subframe connectors go untill next year. I'm not going to need them this year anyways. So, this should save me some time. It's coming together! I made myself a goal to meet Scottie down in Reynolds a while back, and right now I think I can make it IF everything works out in my favor (which has never happened in my life) We'll see...

Oh, the paint on the suspension is Cobalt blue. I LOVE the electric blue colors. Since my last car was painted a similar color, I wanted that color on my next car. So I painted ALL the suspension parts Cobalt blue and ALL the drivetrain parts a flat black. Kind of a neat contrast.

!M!

Hey how much did you get that LS1 tank for? I would like to upgrade my fuel system sometime in the near future and having an intake fuel pump would be nice(I dont want to hear the pump whining all the time like all the aftermarket inline fuel pumps seem to do!)

Guy

Hey how much did you get that LS1 tank for?

Don't know yet, still waiting to pick it up. I am going through a friend of a freind and he said he would give me a good deal. So I figure $150 or less.

I did not want to go with a external because of the noise, since this will be 90% street car. So this tank offers the best of everything. When I remove the spare tire well, I'll make a hinged door above the module so I don't have to drop the tank if I have problems down the road or if I want to change pumps. I just need the tank! I've been waiting for a while :cry:

I have my digital camera back from repair, so I will be taking lots of pictures of the install.

!M!

Oh' date=' the paint on the suspension is Cobalt blue. I LOVE the electric blue colors. Since my last car was painted a similar color, I wanted that color on my next car. So I painted ALL the suspension parts Cobalt blue and ALL the drivetrain parts a flat black. Kind of a neat contrast.

!M!

I agree. Looks nice, and I want a ride when its done. My bay and wheel wells will be painted this week. And ETA of motor in the bay is in 1.5 months. I think its feasable.