HybridZ

Another Very Quick GNZ

Scottie-GNZ

Whats most amazing to me is he is doing all that with basically the stock rear end and half shafts.I continue to wonder what the limit really is on that stuff.1.40 60' times are awsome.I would love to see some vids of this car leaving the line.Smooth like yours Scotty? Gotta love the GN turbo and 3500 stall setup.Streetable and nasty at the track.You guys better watch out for Brody,T76 on SBC coming along.... :D

Note that he is limiting his stall speed at the line to 3000 RPMs. That combined with the automatic helps reduce breakage. He pushes his engine to higher revs so he can run a little stiffer gear. Because I had a stronger rear I was able to launch with a much higher RPM, sometimes flashing to 4800 :eek:, but limited my RPMs to about 5700. My shortblock is bone stock except for hyper pistons (some would argue that makes it weaker :D..) and ARP rod bolts.

Like John, we have spent lots of time tuning to get the most out of the least. And, like me, John drives his car 100s of miles to race it.

I was in Idaho on business several years ago and went to the local drag strip over the weekend. I think this is the same car I saw run. I can't remember the guys name, but he was a Buick mechanic and made the swap look easy. The car was FAST! The strange thing I remember is how quiet it was going down the strip.

jgkurz,

same car. Name is John Lindsay and he is from Idaho. Funny thing about how quiet it can be is that I usually cannot hear my car doing a burnout and running down the track because of the noise from the opponent.

John K,

funny thing about the "cost" of the Turbo Buick setup is that in the long run it is probably less costly. It typically has a higher entry fee but I imagine about the same as a LS1/T-56. However, with little or no investment, just tuning and race gas, you can go to the track, turn the wick up and gain 60-75hp!