HybridZ

my $2 ghetto muffler!!

zero

I was tired of hearing the fan over the exhaust note of my car even though i have a full custom 2.5''exhaust (installed by the P.O.) so i cut of the old muffler, ran it and decided it was too loud. After that I cut the muffler can open and gutted it, leaving only the baffling that used to hold the tubing inside the muffler, but removing all of the tubing. I then welded it shut and angle cut a 3'' tip and welded it on. Add some flat black paint, and 10 minutes of welding it back on, and I had what sounded like a different car. All things considered, I think it looks and sounds pretty nice, especially for 40 minutes of work. Tell me what you think. 544529_95_full.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/zer0zgtr/zerorev.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The engine is kinda built, its a l24 with high comp pistons, a mild port job, a cam, and is bored .1 over. Nothing much, but its kinda quick. I think I will be going L28et soon, but this was fun to have. As far as noise level standards, It probably doesn't but I went to a very shady shop to get it inspected, and it BARELY passed the idle emissions after lots of tinkering. They didnt seem to care about the noise. I really need a good su tune. I cant seem to get them right. If anyone in the northeast knows much about su's and wants to help, give me a shout.