HybridZ

Stock LT1 Fbody pan work?

Well, I've made the decision to forget building up a nice L6 and just go straight for the cows nuts.

Will the LT1 pan work, or does it need to be hammered in a couple spots or is there another pan to choose from. I ran the search and didn't come up with anything, so I'm making the guess that the pan is OK.

Also, where are you putting your O2 sensors, in the exaust pipe or in the headers?

Next questions, what did you decide to do about fuel lines? I have an entire donor car, so getting parts off of it are no biggy.

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing to interfere with any GM pans since there is no crossmember underneath the pan. The corvette pan should have a lower, longer sump which would give more ground clearance, but the F body pan will work just fine. Aftermarket pans with increased depth/kickouts cause troubles in some cases.

Guest Big Phil

Mudge,

I'm putting a 95 Camaro LT1 motor in my 78 280z,it is mounted using the JTR kit. The stock F Body oil pan fits perfectly. I am using Hooker block hugger headers with dual O2 sensor tap into the collectors. I relocated the knock sensor to the oil pan using an adapter because it interfered with the headers. I got the adapter from Ron Francis' Wire Works.

Ron Francis' Website for Knock Sensor relocation Adapter

Guest Big Phil

Mudge,

I'm putting a 95 Camaro LT1 motor in my 78 280z,it is mounted using the JTR kit. The stock F Body oil pan fits perfectly. I am using Hooker block hugger headers with dual O2 sensor tap into the collectors. I relocated the knock sensor to the oil pan using an adapter because it interfered with the headers. I got the adapter from Ron Francis' Wire Works.

Ron Francis' Website for Knock Sensor relocation Adapter

I did a lot of looking around for a windage setup for my 94 LT1. I ended up getting the Milodon pan with built in windage tray for the LT1. It requires their pickup and pump also. It has the same dimensions as the stock pan, so fit should be no problem. The pan does not have a bung for the oil level sensor, but I don't see that as any big loss. It's been to cold to run out to the garage and put it on the engine, but it can't stay this cold for much longer (I hope).

- Joe