HybridZ

Why Is This Neat Turbo BMW So Cheap...

slownrusty

Horrible danger sign #1:

"It has brand new oil and all fluids were recently changed, to include a coolant flush for the new radiator"

He probably did it to cover up metal shavings or something, you don't have a $400 total service done prior to selling a car that cheap without a damn good reason. Plus, why did it need a new radiator?

Danger sign #2

"Supra Turbo Custom mounted to the M20 manifold with Front Mount Intercooler"

A stock supra turbo is a ct-26, it flows absolute crap on larger motors at any decent engine speed, on the larger BMW motor, it's probably already past it's limits unless it's had both housings heavily modified, so it's probably already maxxed out and way beyond it's point of efficiency. No way in hell he would only run 5-6psi with a FMIC unless it was detonating from heat above that (It's the turbo I have in my 88 alltrac which is only a 2liter so I know it well 8) ) Stock supra wastegate is also set at 10psi so I don't even KNOW how he's running only 5-6psi. Probably total BS.

Danger sign #3

"Under the hood, it has a Mustang Cobra 90MM AFM ... Super Sound Blow Off Valve,"

Total bullshit that it was professionally built, no professional would use a cheezy blow off valve like that with a MAF meter, it will cause stumbling and hesitation since it will vent already metered air.

BIG danger sign #4

"It runs great, and all it needs is a tune from a shop that has a Dyno or a Wideband AFM to adjust the Split Second Timing Controller properly...There is also a Performance Chip installed in place of the factory ECU chip"

In other words, it's not an EMS, so you're not able to tune the thing, period. Plus no way in hell it will ever pass smog.

Small danger sign #5

"Clutch just replaced with barely 1500 miles on it"

Means whoever had the thing before burned out the previous clutch, probably raced the crap out of it to burn it up unless for some retarded reason they installed a stock clutch with the higher output motor.

Gotta be realistic too, you got a guy who bought a toy for his non-military time, so he's probably flogged the crap out of it every chance he got. It could make for a decent project, but that's all it would be. Take the money, get another Z :)

Guest brianglawson
Danger sign #3

"Under the hood, it has a Mustang Cobra 90MM AFM ... Super Sound Blow Off Valve,"

Total bullshit that it was professionally built, no professional would use a cheezy blow off valve like that with a MAF meter, it will cause stumbling and hesitation since it will vent already metered air.

my sr has a super sequential BOV HKS, and DOES NOT STUDDER at all :) they key is adjustment on it, also if you wanna hear the noise the closer to the TB it is the less it will studder if you cant get it tuned. last but not least you can correct studder like that if you have an Apexi SAFC

no back o topic, i wouldnt wanna mess witht he car, its all custom modification, which mean parts could be "bastard" if you needed replacements

Looks sweet. I bet you could fool a lot of people into thinking it was slow by looks alone. Just don't like the tailights. I would think it would sell for about $5k to someone who likes bimmers. :shock: