HybridZ

Dumb quest for assembling AN fittings

auxilary

I had the same frustrations. I solved the problem by using 1/2 wide masking tape, here is what I did: 1) put a tight 1 time around the ss hose where you make the cut, 2) use a cut off wheel or dremel to get straight cut, 3) lube up the inside of the fitting and use an air ratched to get it seated on the hose, 4) lube up the threaded end and watch to make sure you do not "push" the hose out of the fitting. Once you do a couple you will get the hang of it and be very pleased with the finished product.

Rusty

A lubricant (oil) is a key, both inside the hose and outside. I like to mark the SS braid before getting any oil on it so that I can visually see if the hose has been pushed outward of the AN housing while tightening the housing. I clamp the housing in a vise, and then turn the fitting "in" rather than the other way around, and this seems to be the easiest way.

wow, that was easy. did exactly what both of you said to do (and borrowed friend's AN vice clamps that summit carries). taped it off tight, used a dremel to cut the line, not a single strand of SS popped out. That did, however, cost me 1 dremel disk per fitting, lol. Oiled up the line, fitting, used a 3/4" ratchet on the outer clamp, it went right on. Nice of summit to reverse thread'em too, so when you're screwing the line in, it doesn't pop back out.