HybridZ

T5 Tranny?

Guest StreetSleeper

Your best bet is from a Camaro, or Firebird, and yes it will mesh up with your 327. If you are using the stock Camaro/Firebird hydraulic bellhousing, it will mount the tranny on a slight angle towards the driver. I don't think that will be a problem.

T-5's have a tin identifying tag on the tail housing. The number on this tag will tell you anything you need to know. Go to http://www.5speeds.com/t5/index.html and on that page there is an identifier index. You simply plug in the number from the tag and it will tell you the vehicle, engine, year, if it's a World Class, etc.

The website has all kinds of info about t-5's and all kinds of goodies for racing and rebuilding them. They even have live streaming video from the rebuild shop as techs work on them.

I got my WC T-5 from a V8 Trans AM with the help of this site.

If you get a 86-92 wc t-5 (it may be 87 as stated earlier but i think its 86) dont bother taking the flywheel becaust it wont bolt to your early block.

i think u will have to get a flywheel from a pre 86 camaro non wc t-5 or a aftermarket flywheel for a 2 piece seal motor with 153 teeth. But if you get the aftermarket flywheel sometimes the stock camaro clutch disc will not work because the springs hit the flywheel bolts... u will end up having to get a different disk with smaller springs. Some have had luck grinding down the flywheel bolts to make room for the springs but i did not like the idea of grinding the bolts and risk the flywheel visiting my legs

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, WCT5's came in '88 up on gm V8s. It took me almost 2 years to break the NWCT5 in my 327Z, I got a WCT5 and installed a countergear stabilizer from 5speeds.com to help minimize the chance of 5th gear failure. So far so good. McLeod makes a nice HD clutch, and I've got an extra 10 1/2" clutch disk from them I'll sell for half price if you're looking for a HD unit.