HybridZ

Getaway Driver! (Better than the 'short' mini)

BillZ260

That is just amazing. I watched it three times just now. I should so be studying for my computer graphics exam instead. (linear algebra: puke). Thanks for the link.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how one should go about learning to drive like that? Seriously. I'm a sophomore in college right now and would very much like to be able to pursue some sort of driving-related career. Stunt driving and pro racing are the first things that come to mind. I don't think "getaway driver" is exactly a realistic member of that set of professions, but I guess one could throw it in with the others (and it would certainly be fun, albeit illegal).

So, do any of you have any recommendations of places where one could take precision driving courses and be taught (and practice) skills like those demonstrated in the linked clip?

I don't want to hijack this thread, so if anyone wants to PM me or if I should re-post this elsewhere, please say so. Thanks in advance, all.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how one should go about learning to drive like that? Seriously.

I think the best way to learn to drive like that would be to put the skinniest tires you can find on stock rims and practice every day for a year or two.

You can do a lot of throttle steering with a lightweight car on skinny tires that you can't do with a heavier, higher powered car. Or at least, it's much easier to control.

I drove an original Lotus Type 7 many years ago. It was a surreal experience - the car is virtually an extension of your body, you're butt is 4 inches from the ground, the thing goes where you *think*, not necessarily where you steer. Magnificent.