HybridZ

MY NEW FRAME

i NOTICED MY FRAME ON MY 72 240 WAS RUSTING OUT I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR AND THIS MY FIRST Z IM A PRETTY DECENT WELDER SO I SAIOD SCREW IT. I CUT OUT ALL THE OLD FRAME FROM THE REAR ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT NEAR THE BEND. I TOOK 3/8`S SQUARE TUBE STEEL AND CUT THE TOPSIDE OFF SO IT LOOKED LIKE C CHANNEL, THEN I FIT IT OVER THE OLD PAPER THINE FRAME RAILS ANT WELDED IT TO THE BODY. THEN I CUT 3/16`S STRAPS AND WELDED THEM OVER THE TUBING, AND LASTLY WELDED 2 3/8`S SQUARE CROSSMEMBERS THAT CONNECT TO BOTHE FRAME RAILS. WAS THIS A GOOD IDEA, I KNOW ITS STRONG AS HELL BUT CAN ANYTHING BAD COME OF IT? I HAVENT DONE THE V8 SWAP BUT I HAVE A 377 READY TO DROP IN THE WAY THE FRAME WAS I WOULD HAVE TORN THE CRAP OUT OF IT. aNY SUGGESTIONS ON MORE MODS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

cHAD

How about posting some pics of your handiwork? I am not sure I understood you correctly, but did you use 3/8" thick square tubing? If so, your frame must weigh a LOT, i.e., hundreds of pounds. Am I missing something here?

• 3 years later...