HybridZ

UN Attacks Terrorism

johnc

It's a difficult decision to make, for sure. Looking back at my post, I notice two things. I'm being rather one-sided, there are good reasons for going into iraq, although I don't know if they justify the cost.

The other thing I notice is that it's almost all one long question. I guess that just illustrates the point that I have a lot of questions about what we're doing there, but I don't have many answers.

Remember the line from Monty Pythons Holy Grail...... "If you don't leave, we will taunt you some more!" Sounds like the UNs plan for dealing with anything that requires some backbone. Only substitute the word 'resolution' for 'taunt'. That is a collection of the limpest d*cks on the planet. Just once the UN needs to take some real action to step on the neck of somebody like Saddam Hussein and all the rest of the petty dictators would think twice about killing 1/2 a million of their own people or threatening a neighbor. The situation in Iraq is such a mess because we just plain don't and won't understand their culture, morality, ethics, and history.

And I know it's not a popular point to make, but what about the 15,000 iraqi's that have died as a result of our invasion of their country? Are their lives worth considering
Oh so its not ok for us to kill Iraq's that are intent on Jihad against any non muslim, but especially Americans! but it is ok for Saddam to kill his own people that don't agree with him, don't believe in his flavor of religon, or are a slightly different ethnic background, or because they were born female?