HybridZ

A/c Vacuum tank

Guest 83supaZ

Guest 83supaZ

is it necessary if you are discarding all air conditioning pieces? does it create vacuum for the engine is what im meaning i guess. and if i take out the AC what do i need to do with the vacuum lines that will be left loose once the part is removed?

Guest 83supaZ

well what if i was wanting to get rid of the heater too... what would be a way to still be able to defrost my window.. i know i'd need a blower... and a heater coil.. any ideas? im trying to get rid of clutter.. (i live in south georgia we dont really need heaters) and why use an AC when u got t-tops?? lol

Nissan only used the vacuum tank on the factory equipped AC 260Z and 280Z models. The non-AC versions had a different heater box under the dash which only used cables and not the vacuum operated bellows.

Try the local junkyards and look for a non-AC 260Z or a 280Z (all will fit your car). Although these are rare, you might get lucky.

My 260Z did not have AC when I got it and I added the factory AC and swapped out the heater box. However, that was a few years ago and my old non-AC heater box is long gone.

Guest 83supaZ

well the ac wasnt working anyway.. when i "tried" to depressurize the system there wasnt anything to depressurize... lol i figure 2x60 A/C will have to do... 2 windows down goin 60 MPH heh.. for a casual driver anyway...