HybridZ

t-bird 2.3 turbo anyone? (a bit long...)

datsunlover

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I'm doning a XR4Ti, cam, ported head, stage II TO4E, front mount and alot more to come. These engine are great and have a ton of aftermarket parts available from rods and pistons to stroker crank's. But why would you down size from a 2.8 SOHC turbo motor to a 2.3 SOHC? I don't care how much smaller and lighter it is, invest in a standalone ECM, ugraded turbo and correct intercooler on a L28. Alot less fab work I think and a better motor.

I knew this was gona happen... :roll: You guys in the states ALL say "just get an L28ET..." :lol: Well, up here in Canada where I live, IF you can find one, it's IMPOSIBLE for me to get one for $700. I'm talking JUST the motor. No ecu, no harness, no tranny. Trust me. I've looked. And I'm sure SOMEone will now come back with "Dude, I'll sell you a complete package motor/trans/ecu/harness for $XXX!!!" Yah, and then I have to get it to me and pay for shipping/ect. Besides.. call me 'jaded' but over the years I've been burned TWICE buying motors that I couldn't hear run, and I will not let it happen again. I heard this T-bird run, can pick it up myself, and KNOW what Iim getting, to a ceartain extent.. and I'm POSITIVE that the 2.3 would be a cheeper motor to rebuild than an L28ET.

BUT:

All of this is probly worthless banter at this point, as my job/income apears to be going up in smoke, and it looks like I'll just be doing a junkyard (AKA budget) buildup N/A of some sort, IF I can even afford that...