HybridZ

Painless 18 Circuit Harness to Z Ignition Switch

mas8230

I'm in the process of installing a 18 non-GM Painless harness into my Z. I'm only into the ignition part so far. I got the car to start and run, but I want to make sure I have the wires hooked up right. I don't think I do. The car is a '72 240z, SBC, HEI. The Z wiring diagram I have just tells me color and not use. Here is what I have:

Old Z White w/Red to Painless Red # 934

Old Z Black w/White to ANOTHER Painless Red #934

Old Z Black w/Yellow to Painless Purple #919

Old Z Blue w/Red To Painless Orange #933, Pink #931, & Brown #932

Old Z Green w/White - Not being used

Why Do I have two red #934?

Should Green/White be used?

Why do I have three Painless going into the 1 Blue/Red?

I'm sure I'll have more question when I get to turn signals, lights, and wipers. I at least can move the vehicle around now. Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Guest bwestall

I see it has been almost a year since this posting. Can I ask how the Painless wire harness worked out? I have a '78 ZV8 and am sick of all the electrical problems I have. Have comtemplated a new wiring harness, etc. Would appreciate any feedback on your results. Thanks

If by a "YEAR" you mean 2 months, then I'll say the painless kit worked very well.

MAS, i posted a couple of months ago all the painless wires (color and number) to your colums various switches. Maybe the post got lost but I think it is a STICKY in the ELECTIRCAL section.

Well just looked, it used to be a sticky. See if you can find it by looking through my posts or by searching. It was detailed but if you can't find it I will dig up my word file and re-post it.