HybridZ

240SX TB: spring pressure

Kazuya1274

Searched around for this but couldn't find any info. I recently installed a 60MM 240SX TB. It is using the stock linkage and a spacer. The pressure required to push down the accelerator is quite lower compared to the old 50MM stocker. I noticed while looking at the stock one that it has a return spring on it that is mounted with a bracket on the TB. This is what gives the stock unit its pedal pressure. I am looking for some options to increase the pedal pressure on my new throttle body. Or, should I just get used to the lighter pressure? Its been raining lately, and the car is awaiting its new exhaust, so I have only driven it a few times since getting it back together, so I was not used to the lower spring pressure. Any ideas or pictures of other 60MM TB setups?

z boi, I cannot see where to mount the extra spring from the stock TB. If you could e-mail me a picture of your setup, I would greatly appreciate it. I took the car out today, and noticed that the pedal travel is Sticky at the onset. This is why I have a little trouble moving from a stoplight smoothly. I end up giving it a little more gas than is needed. I did not get a threaded link that connects the car's throttle linkage to the TB. I am not sure where to get the parts to make one of those, so if anybody has one, I would gladly pay you for it if you can send one to me. I think I need one of these because the car's throttle linkage is almost all the way up, and the angle may be causing the throttle to stick a little bit at the top of the travel.