HybridZ

Window alignment

zdmz

Curse and swear at it.

:lol:

Really, I find thats what has to be done.. keep playing with it, making minor adjustments and eventually, it'll work right... well, sort of right.. The window is tricky, and I find you have to adjust in what seam like the wrong way to make it work right.. :?: And the doors... :evil: My drivers side door refuses to latch perfectly, and I've resigned myself to slaming it. :oops: I'll probly try to fix it properly this winter whilst the car is up on stands..

I guess I will have to take up cussing and swearing :oops:

While I was working on this, for about two hours, I got to wondering how many employees they had at the Datsun factory just to align windows and doors! :D

I was also thinking that I may have to buy a lucky rabbits foot, maybe that will work. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I hate to put this reply in because if you 'muck-up' you will break your window or something else and blame me. I do not guarenty this but I have done this, and the method was told to me by a body shop tech. Once you fit the door and window frame as close as possible using the adjustable door hinges and attaching bolts, then manhandling and bending metal may be required for a better fit. In doing this, try to protect the door windows ( I take my out, they come out so easily with window frame on or off). Look at your door and see if the window frame and/or door itself needs fitting. You can raise (bend) the door slightly with a phone book wedged between the bottom of the door and the foot sill while putting some of your weight in the right place. If the door hits the door stop bolt, lets say a little bit too low, you can place the phone book at about the middle of the door between the door and foot sill, then push in and the rear end of the door bends upwards and in slightly. Try to bend the door to comply with the side contours of the car. You have multiple shots at bending, so if you go too far you can gently bend back with your body weight.

Your window frame, which is a seperate componant, can be adjusted inward to colapse the rubber trim better, by adding plain washers to the bolts that hold the frame on the door. I used 5 aluminum washers ( 3/8ths thick) on mine to get the window frame to close better on the rubber seal, and the door looks like a factory fit. Again, you can bend (carefully) the metal window frame component itself to custom fit better. Keep trying it really does not take long to get a factory fit if your original door placement is close to where it needs to be.

Hope this helps.

Ferd