HybridZ

Vh45de questions.

Guest TurboDemon

Guest sack face
As long as you torque the crank pulley bolt to spec you won't need to extend the keyway at all. I can't remember the reason but someone on NICO was saying it was designed that way for a reason. I'll have to search NICO a bit to find that reason though. :lol:

If you could find out that would be great, i wont actually extend the keyway as such, just grind part of the key off to it slides over the crank shaft to locate in the sprocket as the sproket has a keyway but its unused, but then maybe (like you say) there designed that way for a reason.

ZROSSA, im from auckland. I personally want an auto so i can eat takeaways and drive at the same time, also good for txting my mates while im doing launches from the traffic lights.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sprocket has a keyway so that it can slide over the pulley's key.

I can't seem to find the thread for some reason but I believe they said it had something to do with if something were to ever sieze up. I probably would leave it as is myself, especially since it was originally designed that way.