HybridZ

considering a change

i was thinking of relocation a part that is in my engine bay to another place in my bay. want to know if there was going to be any problem moving it. i was goin to mount it in the area where the wind sheild fluid went.

as lame as it is i dont know the parts name. so here is a link to my album where a pictire can be seen. and can someone tell me what this is.

(BRAKE)

http://hybridz.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8444[/img]

my 260 does, i though that was the stock proportioning valve. Mine has an electric lead for ??? Just input here, i have no real idea of what it is or does with out a book in front of me.

You should have a brake switch assembly near the frame under your m/c. This has a an electric lead for your brake warning light. But what Datsun327 is showing is a 4 way valve, I believe he has both.

But what Datsun327 is showing is a 4 way valve, I believe he has both

i do have both. the car is a 260z non 2+2. would it matter if i was to take the 4 way assembly out of the picture totally. also i do have the brake switch assembly near the frame under your m/c. but there is not wire coming from the top between the two brake lines. is that something for the stock brake light in the stock tack or speedo ( cant remember which one it was in)

I believe when you have both the brake switch, and 4 way assemblies you car is concidered a Federal Model ( maybe from California?). The brake light wire is not sticking out of the brake switch assembly, it connects to it from your harness. I don't see why you can't re-route your brake lines like a non Federal Model.

You will have no problem moving it. I moved mine to the drivers side top corner of the firewall where it can be accessed under the inspection lid but not seen when it is closed. But that also meant that I re-routed my rear brake lines so that they came down the drivers side framerail. My intention was to have almost no brake lines running through the engine compartment. The only ones you see are the ones coming from the MC. The only hassle is bending all the tubing to fit (lots of tight turns). If you want to se a picture, email me and I will send it to you.