HybridZ

Autometer Backlighting Options

240Z2NV

Hello, not sure if this is correct forum, if not, Administrators please move it. I will be running Autometer Phantom gauges (white face), and am considering either Blue or Red backlighting bulb 'covers'. Have any of you used colored covers? Any thoughts on aesthetics? Visibility, especially at night? Thanks in advance for any input.......

I've used the green bulb covers with Ultralights. I tried orange but it just looked goofy. The green ended up almost having an Indiglo effect at night. They weren't blinding-bright, but easily readable (and my night vision sucks). I'm sure with the white face Phantoms you would have no problems. There are also brighter instrument bulbs out there, and I've even seen blacklight bulbs too -just don't ask me where...

Hope that helps some.

I have the blue light covers in my car and I am using the Phantom series gauges. I think they look great at night with the blue light shinning behind them. I have a blue car and they go perfect with it! :D

As for being able to see the numbers at night......I would give it a 7.5-8 out of 10 for visiblity.

Guy