HybridZ

(did a seach with noluck)what do i do with the extra wires??

MaTTSuN

i got my turbo motor in my 77280z and all i need 2 do now is hook up power 2 the computer. there are only 4 wires from the 280z harness for power

2 BLUE

RED

GREEN

and 7 from the 280zxT

WHITE

GREEN

YELLOW

BLUE/RED

RED

BLACK

BLACK/WHITE

does anyone know whow 2 hook these up? there is also another plug comming off the harness for prob the ignition the turbo harness has a 6 wire conection but the 280 has 4. i searched all over but did not find a thing

I'm not sur if this is what you are looking for but here's the wiring for the 280zxt. I hope this helps

You need to get a Haynes manual for ’79 to ’83 280ZX. This is the one with the red cover. Look on page 252, this is the wiring diagram. You will see 3 plugs labeled “1,2,3†with circles around the numbers. This is at the lower lefthand side of the page.

The wires are as follows:

Plug 1= BR 12v power source. Positive

G 12v power source. Positive

Plug 2=Y start signal (+)

GL ground for inhibitor switch

YW speed sensor (not necessary)

Y A/C signal (+)

YW coil (-)

B fuel pump ground if using modulator

Plug 3=LR fuel pump relay

G ignition .signal (+) for air regulator

W not used

Y not used

BW ignition signal (+)

hmm not sure, the only wires that are not going 2 anything are the B/R Y W and G maybe those 4 hook up 2 the 4 from my 280z computer power wires? but those are 2 Blue Red and Green

i know someone has done this swapi wish i could find out how they go, its the last link in my chain of parts and time 2 get my car on the road